Keys to Writing a Good Blog Post
If you have a blog and you want to know how to write better blog posts, this is the article for you!
Spellcheck and Proofread
The first thing you should do is run a spell check on your blog post. There are several free online tools that can help you with this, such as Grammarly, Hemingway App or Microsoft Word’s built-in spelling and grammar checker.
Once you’ve done that, read it aloud to yourself—or even better, get someone else to read it aloud for you so they can point out any mistakes you missed. What will lead you to the next step: get feedback.
Once you have your draft, it’s time to get feedback. You can do this in a few different ways:
● Ask friends and family for their input on the post. They may see things that you missed and give good suggestions on how to improve it.
● Get more feedback by using Google Docs or SurveyMonkey with coworkers, friends… anyone who will give you an honest and constructive opinion! No toxic readers, please 😉
Publish, Market, Share and Promote
The best way to promote your blog is by using social media and search engine optimization (SEO). These are two of the most commonly used methods of promoting content online. If you want to increase traffic to your website or grow an email list then these are both great ways to do so.
One thing that I’ve learned over time is that if a person sees something they like they’ll most likely share it with others on social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter which is why SEO plays an important role in promoting content online because when readers find something interesting they will often times search for information regarding it using Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
Alert: Duplicate Content
If you’re publishing your blog post on different sites or platforms, be careful with duplicate content. So here is what we recommend:
1. Another tip is to write and publish on your website first.
2. Then, wait for google to index it. How do you know that Google indexed your blog post? Simple, once you search the title of your blog post on Google and appear on the search, means that Google already indexed it.
3. After, publish on LinkedIn or another website and include a link for the original post. Something like: “This post originally appeared on (The link for your blog post)”. This way, there’s a big chance of Google understanding that you’re not publishing the same text several times, but your intention is simply to share with your audience via different channels.
4. After a week or so, search the title of your blog On Google and see if it shows your blog post.
Get Paid For Publishing
Here are a few options to start content monetization:
Things you can achieve:
- You will get more traffic.
- You will get more readers.
- You will get more subscribers.
- You will get more comments.
- You will get more shares, likes and followers.
In the end, blogging is fun. It’s a great way to express yourself and connect with an audience. We hope you’ve learned some valuable tips from this blog post that will help you on your journey towards writing greatness!
9 Benefits of Membership Programs
9 Benefits of Membership Programs To Keep Your Clients Coming BackMembership programs are an excellent way for businesses to build a loyal customer base while providing value to their subscribers. If you're considering offering a membership program, it's important to...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
If you need help with developing your brand or you don’t know where to start with social media, feel free to contact us. Alternatively, download our Bright Branding Kit to help you grow them all important branding roots for a healthy thriving business.